Fear of interaction, contact or talking to other people is becoming more and more common nowadays. But social anxiety leads to avoiding people, which may only get things worse. Do not underestimate this mental disease, but find solutions and this book is definitely a good start.
Mike is well known for being a personal gym coach, but it does not end over here. Throughout his life, he was observing both parts of a human body – physical and mental part as well. After years of gaining experiences, he decided to teach other people how to overcome fear and gain self-confidence.
What can I find in this book?
- Real life situations
- Tips & tricks to gain self-confidence
- Solutions, not basic statements
- Deeper knowledge about social anxiety
- What causes social anxiety
How do I know whether social anxiety is my problem?
People with social anxiety tend to be introverts, so talking even to the doctor about this may be problem for you. First of all, you need to realize that this mental problem is very common, actually it is third largest mental health care problem. Here is the list of a very few indicators that social anxiety is your problem:
- Fear of introducing yourself/ meeting new people
- Not feeling comfortable when you are centre of attention
- Talking to “important” people or authority
- Not being able to make new friends
- Rather talking to yourself than to other people
- Fear of being judged
- After presentations / dialogues / public speaking you spend time thinking about mistakes you made and analyzing of your performance
- Expecting the worst results even before talking to someone
- Worrying about embarrassing yourself
These are only most common mental symptoms, definitely not ALL of them!
Social anxiety is definitely not something you should be ashamed of, even Mike confessed that when he was very young, he rather got F from presentation than to talk in front of his classmates, but he managed to gain self-confidence and defeat social anxiety.
If he could do it, you can do it as well! Make your first step in becoming an out-going and confident person, instead of being locked in your room! There is a gift for you in this book, but it is very well hidden. See if you can find it!
Tags: social anxiety, fear, shyness, depression, confidence